Issues to consider when shopping for wind power
1. Does your project site at least have 10mph wind speeds? check your wind speed here.
2. Does your property have at least a half acre with unobstructed views?
3. Does the city zoning allow a structure 42′ feet tall?
4. Does your utility company have an interconnection agreement?
5. Have you considering speaking to your neighbors to let them know you maybe purchasing a wind power system that maybe visible from their home?
Typically the city will require building permits to put up a solar or wind power system and there will be a fee for building permits you have to pay to the city. The city may also require tower engineering drawings that you may have to get from a certified engineer if you are building a custom tower to put up your wind turbine.