disconnects for your clean energy system
To be compliant with NEC code, your disconnects must:
- be switches or ciricut breakers
- be installed in an accessible location
- must not have any exposed live conductors
- clearly display the on/off position
- be compatible with the system’s voltage and current
The picture above shows a Xantrex DC Disconnect that meets all NEC code requirements. Overcurrent protection circuit breakers maybe used as disconnects. Only switched fuses can be considered disconnects. The NEC code says a solar photovoltaic system can have 6 or fewer disconnects, switched circuits or circut breakers to cut off all sources of power.